February 19

People Shouldn’t Take Steroids

We all love our favorite sport players, but what makes them so good? Sometimes it’s hard work and good practice, and also the very strong players might use steroids.

Some people inject steroids to build bigger muscles.

What are steroids you may ask? It’s a drug that makes you stronger but also makes you meaner, and it’s bad for your heart. “Ya I know who wants to be mean to others and to your heart?” They don’t but they want to be stronger.

Some ways it’s good for your body. (if a doctor gives you a prescription for them) But some sports players abuse them and bribe doctors to give them some. def Bribe: pay or give a lot of something to people. The abused one is called anabolic steroids which will make you bulk up. The one prescribed is called corticosteroids.

In the MLB, NHL, NFL, and lots of other leagues for sports you can’t use steroids. But how do players still use them? Well they might take them before each game and stop before they get tested for steroid uses in their blood.

How can tell if they are using steroids? They look really creepy like a strong man but with huge muscles. Like this.

The dangers of taking steroids are insomnia, manic behavior, mood swings, irritability, lack of good judgement, Increased risk of heart attack and stroke.

This is why people should not take steroids.

Tags: , ,

Posted February 19, 2015 by bananaslug6458 in category Health, Student Posts

About the Author

I CANT EVEN!!!

4 thoughts on “People Shouldn’t Take Steroids

1. Arya

Hi bananaslug!
    I agree steroids are bad; however, I think it’s important to remember that not all ‘muscular people’ are necessarily taking steroids. I’ve met some people who do have huge muscles but aren’t taking steroids. They worked really hard to get where they are, and I don’t think it’s fair to assume that they must be taking illicit substances.

Reply
  2. bananaslug6458 (Post author)

And steroids are illegal and can be really bad for you if you stop taking them suddenly.

Reply