Contact Me

Hello my name is Karen McKelvey and I am a 4th grade teacher at Curie Elementary School in San Diego, California. I began teaching at Curie Elementary in 2002.  I feel fortunate to be part of such a great community. I love blogging with my students as it provides them with an authentic audience for their work.

I completed  my masters in Educational Technology from S.D.S.U. in 2010. Many of the concepts and technologies I learned about in this program, like learning management systems, wikis, and blogs are already implemented in my classroom. Technology plays a key role in the learning that occurs in our classroom. We don’t learn about technology, we learn with technology. For example, every year my class participated in the Edublogs Student Blogging Challenge. For ten weeks students were engaged in activities that incorporated writing, research skills, critical and creative thinking skills and much more.

Please contact me if you have any questions. You can leave a comment or fill out the contact form.

%%wpcontactform%%

3 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Great, great blog. And thank Jake for referring to my book,
    “The Dog That Belonged to No One,” in his piece about Bum.
    It is definitely one of my best-
    sellers. My best regards to all the great writers whose work
    is included in Bloggin Frogs.

2. Hi Karen,
    I am the librarian at Santa Cruz Cooperative School (Bolivia – South America) in the process of setting up a Book Club blog for international schools. I am new at this and having a hard time making it happen…
    I just visited your blog as working on the steps to Set Up Your Blog and really liked the set up and the layout of it. I wanted to ask you some questions. How did you post Class blogs and the links to these other classes? (I could do that for the different schools participating) Are these pages or posts?
    Hope you have some time to help me, thank you in advance.
    Silvana Moscoso

1. I followed the “Help” menu items in Edublogs. They walk you through the steps to setting up your blog. The Class Blogs are added as a widget on a side bar of my “Posts” page. There are static pages too where I put info that doesn’t change.