September 15

Where we live

Welcome to our class blog. We live in The United States of America in San Diego, California. We live in a large city on the west coast closest to the Pacific Ocean. Our weather is great here and so we get a lot of sunshine. We have a lot of beaches. We don’t ever get snow because it’s far too warm. The last time we ever had snow was about 52 years ago. That’s a long time ago huh!

Our school is located in a community called University City or UC for short. It’s called that because we are really close to a big university. There are mostly houses in our community, a couple grocery stores, and few  restaurants including a Mexican place, an Italian place, and a sushi place. We also have a frozen yogurt store…which we LOVE!

Our school is a pretty small school. We have about 600 students in our school. We have six grade levels from kindergarten through fifth grade. Many of the students live either in UC or close by in another community called Clairemont.

Check out the slideshow we made.

How is our community like yours? How is your community different?

From,

Mrs. McKelvey’s Class

Tags: ,

Posted September 15, 2012 by Sophia in category Edublogs Challenge

About the Author

I'm a third grader in Mrs. McKelvey's class. I love soccer and waterpolo. My favorite subjects are art, writing, and PE. My favorite colors are blue, purple, black, and orange in that order. I love video games and technology. My favorite video game is Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PlayStation 2.

16 thoughts on “Where we live

1. C.L Class 3.2

Your community is like our community because we have schools .We do not get weather like you do.If we did get weather like you do that would be awsome.What is your favourite flavor of frozen yogurt.

Reply
    1. Mrs. McKelvey

Dear C.L.,

We took a poll about what our favorite frozen yogurt is. When it was over most students voted for the flavor Root beer. Chocolate was the next most popular.

From,
      Sophia

Reply
  2. SS class 3.2

Hello,

You,re school looks very Beautiful!! Are community is different from yours becouse you don’t have snow, we do!! Some days I feel like I need to go some where warm!! But soon I won’t have to say that cause I am going to Mexico April 9th!! Have you ever gone to Mexico!? I have 2 times. This will be my third time!!

By SS 🙂

Reply
  3. HB class 32

Hi our school is very nice i don’t now all of the school yet becuase I am now but i think I can do this.are school is different beause you have a beach beside yours and my have houses and a nersing home . I like it so far.and are school IS the same because it has a play grownd . i rely like you school and the slide show and i hop you like ares.

Reply
  4. HF Class 3.2

Hi! Our school is pretty small. We have town students and rural students. We have 450 students and 25 teachers. How many teachers do you guys have at your school?

Our winter has been very odd this year. There is a little bit of snow here and there still. Last night it rained and now everything is wet. Do you guys get rain?

Reply
    1. Mrs. McKelvey

Hello,
      Thanks for commenting on our post about our school. We have 24 classroom teachers and 8 special subject teachers (such as P.E., music, science, and art).

Our winter has been odd for us too this year. It’s been very warm at times–getting into the 80s on some days. Around Christmas though it was extremely cold and we even had hail…and we never get hail. It rains here once in a while. We just had a huge storm blow through a week ago. It rained about 2 inches total. In the pictures on our slideshow you can see the giant puddles the storm left.

San Diego is on the coast but we basically live in the desert. We have lots of palm trees, beaches, and canyons. The land is pretty dry. Can you describe the climate in your town a bit more? What does the landscape look like?

From,
      Mrs. McKelvey’s Class

Reply
  5. TM Class 3.2

Hi our community is the same because we have 600 kids.Our community is different because we don’t have a ocean.

Reply
  6. E.E

Hello,

Our community is different because we got snow this year and you did not. Our community is the same because you get nice weather and we get nice weather.

Reply
  7. LRclass3.2

Our comunity is diffrent because we get snow one after a nother. Our comunity is the same because we have a small schoolto

Reply
  8. MD class 3.2

Our comunity is different becase we have a small city. Our comunity is the same becase we both have schools

Reply
  9. KG Class 3.2

Our community is diffrent because you live in USA and cwe live in canada. Our community is the same as yours because we both have schools.

Reply
  10. LRclass3.2

Our comuntiy is diffrent because we get snow one after a nother. Our comunity is the same because we have a small scholl too.

Reply
  11. Sophia (Post author)

Dear SS,
    You asked if I’ve ever been to Mexico and I haven’t! Is Mexico warmer compared to Canada, and how was your trip?

From,
    Sophia

Reply
  12. Flynn and Harvey

Very cool idea. Where you live is cool because Flynn has been to sand Diego
    it is always sunny there. By Flynn and harvey

Reply