September 18

Oh So Fab Me Collages

We just love the series called Judy Moody. And I bet you do too. When Judy Moody’s teacher, Mr. Todd, assigns a project he calls a “Me Collage,” in the first Judy Moody book,  Judy thinks it sounds fun (even though she won’t say so.) Mr. Todd tells his students to make a collage that is “all about them.” So this month just like Judy Moody our class made our very own Me Collages by cutting out pictures or drawing pictures and pasting them onto a collage. Each student was given the mission to show what makes him or her unique and special. We spotlighted our favorite things, including sports, foods, hobbies, and told about our family and friends. It was a fun project and you can see from our slideshow just how fab our Me Collages turned out.

We also thought this was a great way to introduce ourselves to the Edublogs Challenge classes. What makes you unique and special? Introduce yourself to our class.

FabMeCollages

Tags: ,

Posted September 18, 2012 by Mrs. McKelvey in category Edublogs Challenge

About the Author

Hello my name is Karen McKelvey and I am a 3rd grade teacher at Curie Elementary School in San Diego, California. I began teaching at Curie Elementary in 2002. I feel fortunate to be part of such a great community. I love blogging with my students as it provides them with an authentic audience for their work. Collaborative group work and project-based learning are key components of my classroom. I completed my Masters degree in Educational Technology from San Diego State University in 2010. Many of the concepts/pedagogy and technologies I learned about in this program, like learning management systems, Google tools, and blogs are implemented in my classroom. Technology plays a key role in the learning that occurs in our classroom. We don’t learn about technology, we learn with technology. Students are engaged in activities that incorporate writing, research skills, critical and creative thinking skills, and much more on a daily basis.

2 thoughts on “Oh So Fab Me Collages