November 7

Update from Bloggin’ Frogs

frog children worldWelcome friends all over the world! We’re so glad you’re visiting our blog. It’s been a while since we’ve posted but we are on the brink of posting tons of work. We are busy working on opinion pieces right now and hope to have them posted to our blog in the next week. We are writing about all sorts of “hot” topics like gun control, the importance of recycling, education for women in places like Pakistan, the affect of pollution in our oceans, more recess time, bringing back chocolate milk and dodgeball to schools, and so much more.We hope you will hop on back and read these posts.

We unfortunately haven’t had much time to keep up with the Edublogs Fall Challenge. The challenges are fabulous but we just can’t seem to fit them into our busy schedule. We still love to blog and we would still love to connect with other classes on a regular basis. Please let us know if you are interested. We’d also like to read your opinion pieces if you’ve posted some. Let us know how we can find you.

Tags:

Posted November 7, 2013 by Mrs. McKelvey in category Edublogs Challenge

About the Author

Hello my name is Karen McKelvey and I am a 3rd grade teacher at Curie Elementary School in San Diego, California. I began teaching at Curie Elementary in 2002. I feel fortunate to be part of such a great community. I love blogging with my students as it provides them with an authentic audience for their work. Collaborative group work and project-based learning are key components of my classroom. I completed my Masters degree in Educational Technology from San Diego State University in 2010. Many of the concepts/pedagogy and technologies I learned about in this program, like learning management systems, Google tools, and blogs are implemented in my classroom. Technology plays a key role in the learning that occurs in our classroom. We don’t learn about technology, we learn with technology. Students are engaged in activities that incorporate writing, research skills, critical and creative thinking skills, and much more on a daily basis.

1 thoughts on “Update from Bloggin’ Frogs

1. Ms. Bulger

Dear Bloggin’ Frogs,
    Our class has had a busy Autumn season, too. Just like you, we did not get to do most of the Edublogs Challenges. Sometimes we did the challenge as one of our writing activity but it took us much longer than one week to complete and didn’t get them posted.
    As the “lead climber”, my goal is to organize the rest of the mountaineers so that there are more posts and more comments happening after the Christmas break.
    I look forward to reading about your hot topics and will be encouraging some of my students to reply to them soon.
    From,
    Ms. Bulger of Climb High

Reply