November 13

Women Deserve An Education

Malala Yousafzai speaks at World Bank headquarters on the International Day of the Girl

Malala Yousafzai speaks at World Bank headquarters on the International Day of the Girl.

Do you think women deserve an education? A huge problem in the world is women and girls’ rights in Pakistan. They are ruled by the Taliban who think women and girls don’t deserve an education. I think women and girls in Pakistan deserve an education.

If women in Pakistan are not educated, their child probably won’t have a good future. For example if the mom is not educated she might not talk in correct grammar in front of a newborn kid and the child might not talk well later on. That is only one reason. Imagine all the things that could happen to a child that is raised by a non educated parent. It is a forever going list, huh? My mom makes dinner for my family most nights. If she was not educated it would have too much or not enough of something. Do you know how you would do without an educated mom?

Women and girls in Pakistan deserve equal rights to men and boys. It is unfair and cruel to be treated like that. Most women and girls are offended and mad. What would you do if you were a girl in Pakistan? It makes no sense to treat women like this because we are almost the same as boys except for our gender. This reminds me of Martin Luther King Junior because he fought for black rights a made a difference in our world.

If women are educated they can make changes to our world too. Women have made huge contributions to our world. If Marie Curie, Sally Ride, Amelia Earhart, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Eleanor Roosevelt, even Sacagawea. Now there is a brave girl named Malala Yousafzai who is fighting for women education. She started as a kid wanting anybody’s rights and then started discussing this to the world because not a lot of people knew then but know many more people know, like you! She got shot at when she was 14 because her beliefs were not accepted and they tried to stop her from adding on to her thoughts of making changes in her country. She is alright now and still fighting for freedom. She was asked to talk on the news in London because of her amazing thoughts and courage. I think Malala Yousafzai is going to make a change in the world for her country and others.

To sum it up today lets see what we learned. If people make a change new women can make a contribution by inventing something or find cures for diseases. Women and girls would be happier, feel more respected, and have education if Pakistan’s rulers changed their minds. I think women and girls in Pakistan deserve an education.

Photo: Creative Commons License Photo Credit: World Bank Photo Collection via Compfight

Tags: , , ,

Posted November 13, 2013 by Emilie in category Edublogs Challenge, Student Posts

6 thoughts on “Women Deserve An Education

1. marshmellow2006

You put I think a lot in the first paragraph. That is just my opinion about it. I really want to know what other people think about this! Because on the check list it said to not have your opinion. This is just my opinion you don’t have to feel bad.

Reply
  2. Mackenzie

Dear Emi,
    I agree that women in Pakistan should have an education and go to school, and it is not fair to be treated like that. Women should be treated no differently than men. I could not imagine not going to school.

Reply
  3. hadara

Dear Emi,
    I thought that your writing was very good. It had a lot of information in the text and it was very convincing. Know I think that the women and girls should have the right to go to a very educational school
    From,
    Hadara (aka Callie)

Reply
  4. maya

I totally agree with you. Like if they are not educating with earthquake drills or what to do in serious times what chance do they have to stay alive. No way they can open a store they can’t count or add and subtract. Some milk could be $2.50 but instead they charged them $250.

Reply