October 26

Celebrating Creatively

Jack-O-Light TPorter2006 via Compfight

Week 4’s challenge is Celebrating Creatively. How do you celebrate holidays, like Halloween and Thanksgiving? Click on over and read Miss W.’s post and then do either activity 2 (a poem) or activity 3 (how you celebrate Halloween). I know that Halloween is a huge holiday in the United States but in many countries it’s not really celebrated or it may be celebrated in a very different way. You can also write a comment here and tell us how you celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving.

Tags:

Posted October 26, 2015 by Mrs. McKelvey in category Edublogs Challenge

About the Author

Hello my name is Karen McKelvey and I am a 3rd grade teacher at Curie Elementary School in San Diego, California. I began teaching at Curie Elementary in 2002. I feel fortunate to be part of such a great community. I love blogging with my students as it provides them with an authentic audience for their work. Collaborative group work and project-based learning are key components of my classroom. I completed my Masters degree in Educational Technology from San Diego State University in 2010. Many of the concepts/pedagogy and technologies I learned about in this program, like learning management systems, Google tools, and blogs are implemented in my classroom. Technology plays a key role in the learning that occurs in our classroom. We don’t learn about technology, we learn with technology. Students are engaged in activities that incorporate writing, research skills, critical and creative thinking skills, and much more on a daily basis.

1 thoughts on “Celebrating Creatively

1. sageh15

Dear Mrs. McKelvey,
    Hi! My name is Sage. I am a second grader in Mrs. Amri’s class in West Linn, OR. On Halloween we go trick-or-treating. This year, I’m going to be Lela from Teen Beach Movie. We save our candy and snack on them for the rest of the year. My Dad also sneaks some to work!
    Happy Halloween!
    From,
    Sage

Reply