December 18

Why do cats purr?

Why do cats purr? That’s a really good question. You probably think cats purr when they are happy but cats don’t always purr when they are happy but why? Let me tell a one reason why well the first reason is when a cat is sick or scared they will purr to calm themselves down. 

Gato busca hogarCreative Commons License Jose Antonio Moreno Cabezudo via Compfight

Why do kittens purr?

A kitten will purr when they are nursing to tell there mom that they are oak also when a kitten is nursing they will paw on their mother’s stomach to produce more milk. When a kitten is scared or stressed they will purr to calm themselves down or tell them that they are safe and they will purr to bond with their moms.

Why do adult cats purr?

In the wild a mother cat will purr but without  alerting any predators and when their cubs are messing around or play fitting they will purr to tell them to calm down. When a cat is sick, hurt dying will purr when they come back from a hunt but the will purr to comfort itself and tell itself that everything is going to be oak.                          

Did you like all of those facts about why cats purr? Well if you did let me tell you a theory of how cats purr. Some scientists think that purring comes from neural oscillator sells sells comes from the brain and the brain sends the sells to the voice box and the voice box shakes to make that purring sound.

Tags: , , ,

Posted December 18, 2019 by laine in category Animals

3 thoughts on “Why do cats purr?

1. Jonah

Dear Bloggin Frogs,

Thank you for making this extremely interesting article. I never knew that cats purred to calm themselves down. I thought that it would always mean that they were happy. Thank you for the very interesting fact. Would purring mean that a cat is angry in some situations?

-Jonah

Reply
  2. eve

Dear Laine
    Your blog post was interesting now I want to learn more. Do you think that the reson why big cats roar is the same to why cats purr.
    From, Eve

Reply