January 8

Nazca Lines

There are weird lines and decorations called Nazca Lines that scientist are trying to find out who did it. Read this article to learn about them.

This is one of the most popular Nazca line drawings.

About the lines

Did you know that the Nazca lines are actually 2-6 in. deep but 2-7 miles in length! Also they were created in Peru over 2,000 years ago in the 200 BC. They can be seen only by flying over them.They were carved and are 200 miles away from south Lima. They were also found in the 1940s.  

sacrifices!

There are also more decorations of the people of Nazca. They would have sacrifice ceremonies!!!  scientist don’t know how they killed them but we know what they did with them.

After they kept their skulls and removed their intestines and sewed their lips with cactus spines. Also they drilled through their skulls and put a rope through their hole in their skull and hung them.But do you still wonder what happened with their body? Well they keep them for status but they replace their head with a jar and call all of their skulls battle trophies. They still don’t know that the skulls are from the same people that they know.

One last fact is that scientist think that the lines were drawn randomly creating pictures and then the carvings carried a water supply.

Hope you liked my article about the Nazca lines and other decorations.

Here is a video to learn more.

Posted January 8, 2020 by Viktor in category History, Student Posts

1 thoughts on “Nazca Lines

1. Zack

Dear Viktor,
    Your blog about the Nazca Lines is great. I had heard about them before but now that I’ve read this blog I know much more. I didn’t know they are 2-6 inches deep. Did you know a monkey was made that is 330 feet long? Do you know why they where made?
    Sincerely,
    Zack

Reply