Our class blog is place for us to share all sorts of ideas, opinions, and other information with people not only in the United States but throughout the rest of world. Writing posts and commenting on other people’s blog posts is a great way for us to improve our writing skills. It’s important to follow a few simple rules when we blog so that we can make the most of our blog experience and be safe using the Internet.
Here are the rules:
1. Student work, including comments, should be identified by first name only.
2. Never share personal information like your address, last name, or phone number.
3. All photos of students on the blog are posted as anonymous and should never have names attached to them.
4. When a parent comments on the blog, I ask that he/she DOES NOT use his/her last name either. You may post it as Jack’s mom or Jack’s dad.
5. All posts and comments are approved by Mrs. McKelvey before they appear on the blog. Inappropriate comments will not be approved and anyone who does write inappropriate comments will be held responsible and will likely lose his/her blogging privileges. Remember, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
6. Be sure to remember the Tips for Great Blog Comments before commenting on a post. Remember, we want to make a good impression and we can do that by leaving quality comments.
7. Always proof your posts and comments before submitting them. Students should have a classmate check their writing for spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar mistakes before submitting.
So, just remember these simple rules and everything will run smoothly and safely. Have fun bloggin’!